Why is my skin different over various places on my body after having surgery. my face is peeling and rough, my feet have a thick dry toughness to them?

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 37 years experience
Skin: The skin on the bottom of your feet is the thickest layer of skin on the body. It is possible that after surgery you were unable to bathe as you usually do. This results in a buildup of dead skin on the feet. This could be happening elsewhere also. See your surgeon and dermatologist for concerns.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 22, 2015