Norfolk, MA

i have small fiber neuropathy with possible ischemic neuropathy. they believe its an autoimmune response. detected by skin bx. is this fatal . ? ivig

Dr. Marybeth Crane
Podiatry 27 years experience
Not usually: Neuropathy can be painful but usually isn't fatal. It can cause many other issues like wounds that don't heal. These issues can be fatal if not given proper attention. Discuss your fears with your doctor so they can guide you better.
Dr. Daryoush Zafar
Podiatry 24 years experience
Neuropathy: If your doctors suspect autoimmune disease then they should test you for that. Autoimmune conditions are treatable and not very fatal. It is not always easy to diagnose autoimmune diseases. I may require help from a rheumatologist. Also, your neuropathy might improve once the underlying condition is treated.