Toledo, OH

My labs came back should i be worried my lipase are elevated to 59, wondering what could it be. hoping its not pancreatic cancer?

Dr. Howard Greller
Emergency Medicine 25 years experience
Why was it tested?: That's the most important question to ask. The context in which the lab was drawn will inform how it is interpreted. Lots of things can raise your lipase (e.g. Alcohol use, gallstones, medications, etc.) while pancreatic cancer is a (remote) possibility, have a positive attitude and follow up with your doctor. They can better help interpret the test. 59 is normal in my hospital, btw.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 23, 2019