Orange, TX

I have had a bladder infection for almost two weeks now and im taking macrobid the dr gave me 28 pills to take 2 daily is it common to still have?

Dr. Michael Ein
Infectious Disease 48 years experience
See below: A bladder infection should be better by now. Macrobid isn't a great medicine and isn't used for 14 days to treat a bladder infection. It has a lot of side effects. Are you sexually active? If so you could have gc or ngc urethritis. You could have cystitis with a bacteria resistant to maacrobid. Get a urinalysis and urine culture and if sexually active get checked for gc and chlamydia.

Last updated Jun 27, 2014