U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old female asked:

Have chronic thrombosis of radial artery. having pain in hand. what is the method of treatment. is surgery risky. what pain medication r given.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ron Jones
Family Medicine 46 years experience
Restore Circulation: You will get no relief until circulation is restored. Are you hypercoaguable? Stent? Anti coagulation meds?
Dr. Ramsey Ellis
Plastic Surgery 22 years experience
Consult hand surgeon: Chronic thrombosis of the radial artery should be treated if there is inadequate blood supply to the hand. The most important question is: is the ulnar artery supplying adequate circulation to all the fingers and thumb. Treatment options depend on the answer to this question.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.