U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

I have had chronic sinusitis my whole life. i get one sinus infection a year and can only use one nostril at a time. should i get surgery?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice 19 years experience
See an ENT: I would recommend seeing an ENT specialist to consult whether you need surgery.
Dr. Creighton Wright
surgery 57 years experience
Possibly: Deviated septum or large turbinates can become obstructive. Ent evaluation is reasonable. The surgery is quite safe.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 13, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.