Why does my gum feel the same before root canal my jaw feels numb/ swollen had it done monday now saturday and still a little pain inside tooth?

Dr. Kevin Daus
Healing: Remember if you cut your finger, it does not heal in 5 days. You have not given yourself time to heal. Please give it at least 2 to 3 weeks. The numbness can take even longer. If it does not heal, then go back to the dentist.
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Otolaryngology/Head and Neck Surgery 21 years experience
Be seen: If the numbness persist please let your dentist know about it. Depending on the location of the tooth and proximity, the nerves that give sensation to your jaw are at risk during a root canal.
Dr. Gregori Kurtzman
Dentistry 36 years experience
Possible infection : Possible if the tooth was painful before treatment this may linger for a period after treatment. But sounds like its improving.

Last updated Apr 10, 2016