A member asked:

I've excessive sweating.what is the best treatment for this?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Quang Nguyen answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

First find out the cause. See your doctor to discuss this. If nothing found, then you most likely have hyperhidrosis which is a condition where people gets excessive sweating in the head, armpits, hands and feet. The treatment is: antiperspirant, oral medications, iotophoresis (electrical shocking of the sweat glands- very easy to do) and Botox injection (very effective but temporary).

Answered Jan 31, 2015


Dr. Robert Dons answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

Best surgical approach is sympathectomy by skilled neurosurgeon.

Answered Feb 23, 2012



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor