U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old member asked:

what can i do with headache s ?

3 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. (Liz)Phuong Tran
Family Medicine 35 years experience
Need evaluation: You need to see your fp to find out what are the causes of your headache - allergies, sinus, hormone, musculoskeletal, tension, stress etc- in order to be treated appropriately.
Internal Medicine 37 years experience
Blood Pressure: Most common cause of headache is high blood pressure, so check it at one of the stores. Otherwise it could be due to migraines or stress besides some other uncommon causes.
Dr. Peter Corrado
Family Medicine 41 years experience
Needs attention: Headaches are a common but often benign problem. However, persistant symptoms do require evaluation. This is especially so when the problem is of recent onset, represents a change from a usual pattern or is associated with other symptoms like blurred vision or disruption of sleep. You should discuss the problem and its history with your doctor to determine what tests and treatment are needed.
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Family Medicine 29 years experience
After you have done the appropriate imaging and testing to rule out treatable pathology, consider a trial of Osteopathic manipulative treatment that includes the cranium. It is a safe and effective method that address any mechanical components of the headache patter with a gentle mechanical hands on treatment . cranialacademy.com has a doctor finder function that can help you find someone nearby
Feb 4, 2012
Dr. Peter Corrado
Family Medicine 41 years experience
Provided original answer
good advise for headache relief
Feb 7, 2012

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 30-year-old member asked:

Howmany types of headache are there?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Justin Fuehrer
Dr. Justin Fuehreranswered
Emergency Medicine 10 years experience
Many: There are a multitude of different types of headaches, depending upon how one classifies them. Different types include, but are not limited to:cluster headache, migraine headache, tension headache, NSAID rebound headache, sinus headache, and others.
A 40-year-old member asked:

What type of doctor should I see to diagnose and treat my headache?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Leonard Spishakoff
Specializes in Addiction Medicine
Family doctor: A primary care md (family physician, internal medicine ) is a good starting point, dependending on the success of treatment or findings you might be referred to a neurologist etc.
A 32-year-old member asked:

What's an airplane headache like?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 28 years experience
Likely pressure.: Sometimes, on an airplane, when it descends too fast or goes up too quickly, the air pressure changes too soon and your inside pressure cannot accomodate quick enough, so this results in painful headaches. That is why people chew gum as it helps equalize the pressure faster by opening up your eustacian tubes. That way air preswsure equalizes and the pain goes away.
United Kingdom
A 19-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing headache (occurred: 1 to 3 hrs) (side: all sides) (worsened by: bending forward) (time frame: sudden) (quality: wakes you from s...

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Can't be exact about: The cause of headaches because there are several major types, e.g., vascular, sinus, muscular, tension, etc. Please see you doc so he/she can examine you and give you the proper treatment for the type of headache you have. Sorry you are dealing w/this. Peace and good health.
Booneville, AR
A 29-year-old female asked:

Headache for over a year. Its not getting better, nothing helps. They get so bad to where I cant keep anything down. ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Marvin Ott
Emergency Medicine 20 years experience
See your doctor: Something that longstanding will require an in person visit, history, physical exam, and likely lab tests and imaging. You may want to consider seeing your doctor, and may even need to see a specialist for a definitive diagnosis. Hope this helps!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Aug 15, 2017

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.