what is the risk of death if you had 2 drinks and a valium together?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Overdose: None. The valium should be considered to equal one bottle of wine.

How can I help my baby after he's had bronchiolitis?

Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Bronchiolitis: Bronchiolitis is caused by a virus, most often rsv, or respiratory syncitial virus. The viral infection results in inflammation, or swelling, of the lower small airways. The swelling of the tiny airways results in rapid breathing, cough and wheezing. Symptomatic treatment includes clearing the nostrils of mucus, maintaining hydration, and making sure the child has enough oxygen.

I have just had my 20 week scan and the nuchal fold was 6.3mm, does this mean my baby has downs?

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
No: The nuchal fold was developed to be assessed at 11-13 weeks, not 20. Even when it is increased, it doesn't mean the baby the baby has down's, just that there is increased risk it could.

At a nuchal scan-which gave a "low risk" result-part of the membrane had come away from my uterus. Is this common?

Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Yes: Its not uncommon to see, on sono, something called a sub- chorionic hematoma. A small amount of bleeding has occurred under the membrane called the chorion and causes a separation. It usually resolves without problems. It has, occasionally been associated with abnormal early bleeding and the threat of a miscarriage. Usually everything is fine.

Went to dentist and had local anaesthetic applied. How long before I can eat and feel right?

Dr. David Padula
Dentistry 34 years experience
Depends on amount: As far as when you can eat it depends on the type of restoration placed. As far as feeling right, it depends on how much was given, location of of injection and your metabolism rate. Usually i tell my patients the felling should last 2-3 hours. If you are more active, this can shorten this time, the type of anesthetic also matters.

What does "valium 5mg IV q2h prn agitation" mean?

Dr. Pamela Pappas
IV Valium: Valium is a benzodiazepine medicine which can calm anxiety and agitation. "iv" denotes giving it intravenously -- i assume this patient is in the hospital or other medical unit. In this case, the person may be given 5mg of valium IV every 2 hours if agitated -- but the "prn" means it's only used "as needed" rather than around the clock.