FL

What to do about my daughters high fever she is still drinking milk but is running a high fever. she's 13 months took her to doctor last night?

Good news/bad news: The good news is you had your daughter seen & they didn't find a terrible problem. The bad news is that many viral illnesses will have fever as part of their natural course & meds may not alter the fever. The fever is not destructive, it is a sign the body recognizes illness & speeds up it's metabolism to fight it. I would concentrate more on assuring good fluid intake to avoid dehydration.

Last updated Apr 28, 2013