A 48-year-old member asked:
What can i do if my gums are were bleeding for 3 hours and they just now stopped?
2 doctor answers • 2 doctors weighed in
Cosmetic Dentistry 50 years experience
Proper Cleaning: 1) use a soft manual toothbrush.
2) place the brush where the teeth and the gum join together.
3) move the brush in circles.
4) do all teeth this way on the face side and the tongue side.
5) initially the gum may bleed because you are cleaning out an open sore, however this bleeding will stop and the tissue will now begin to heal.
6) follow up with a water pik spraying water in circles same places.
5.2k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Periodontics 42 years experience
See a dentist: That is unusual. See a dentist as soon as you can for a diagnosis and treatment. If you have other bleeding or bruising, you may need medical care.
5.1k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Last updated May 11, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.