A member asked:

Are there tests for plaque size?

6 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Tests for plaque: The degree of plaque formation can be estimated by coronary angiogram via cardiac catheterization, duplex ultrasound for carotid and peripheral arteries, intravascular ultrasound, ct scan or mri.

Answered 12/20/2012


Dr. Rick Koch answered

Coronary Calcium....: The best non-invasive test for measuring the amount of heart disease and consequently estimating an individual's risk is a coronary calcium score performed on a ct scanner. This test should be used in women over 50 and men over 40 with at least 1 CAD risk factor. Talk to your doctor. It is inexpensive, non-invasive and painless.

Answered 7/24/2016



Related Questions