when after stomach surgery should you wait to get tattooed on the stomach?

Dr. Sabha Ganai
Surgical Oncology 20 years experience
Tattoo?: Not sure if you mean tattooed on your abdominal wall? (your stomach can be tattooed by an endoscopist but noone would know about it!) discuss this with your surgeon, because if you are having an issue with wound healing it is important to get their okay before you get a tattoo. Otherwise, probably no major harm as long as clean needles are used.
Dr. David Liu
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 19 years experience
Bariatric surgery: By stomach surgery, are you talking about bariatric (weight loss) surgery or a tummy tuck)? If it is bariatric surgery, you want to make sure that your weight is stable, and that you are pleased with the appearance, before getting a tattoo. Otherwise, you risk distortion of the design as your weight and body shape change.