im diebetic been a big drinker but i stop i have liver failure don't no the stage what are the symptoms of kidney failure & if theres swelling were?"

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
It is easy to find o: Kidney failure may or may not cause swelling. But it is easy to check your kidney function with a simple blood test. It is called blood creatininnie level...Normally it is, 1.5mg. If it is 2 mg or over, that means the kidneys are no longer functioning normally.
Pathology 44 years experience
Don't give up, man!!: The questions i hear you asking is, "can i perhaps survive this after all?" you're read, correctly, that when liver failure becomes so severe that it causes the lungs or kidneys to fail, recovery is unlikely. If you are writing this from your home, and fairly comfortable, your kidneys have not failed. A sober, compliant diabetic's liver can heal and work well for him for decades. Be strong, man.