A member asked:

Is it normal to have swelling in the shin with knee pain? pain medial side of knee. swelling all around knee and into medial side of shin bone. pain worse with stairs or inclines and general walking. pain worsening, years of pain?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Jeffrey Trantalis, DPM answered

Specializes in Podiatry

You should see an orthopedic surgeon for exam and evaluation. If to avoid immediate surgery visit a podiatrist knowledgeable in biomechanics ( how you function) and access if a custom orthotics can help taking stress off of the knee

Answered Aug 11, 2023



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor