Concord, NH

Had thyroid cancer 2 years ago. they took out my thyroid and 14 lymph nodes and 1 parathyroid. should i be worried about x rays?

Dr. Helmy Guirgis
Hematology and Oncology 46 years experience
More information?: You certainly need follow-up. Blood testing including calcium..Thyroglobulin, tsh.., thyoid scans.. What type of thyroid cancer? Pathology? Removing the whole throid and 13 lymph nodes indicate that it was not just limited to one lobe...Knowing your disease, stage and follow-up are important steps to beat cancer. Discuss with your oncologist.
Dr. Peter Mowschenson
General Surgery 48 years experience
Not necessarily: I think you are referring to radiation and the risk of thyroid cancer. You thyroid is gone so no risk to that but radiation in general can be harmful to other organs so only have radiology if necessary.

Last updated Nov 5, 2013