Chicago, IL

I was told me that my ankle is swelling because of the nerve damage in my leg, they controls blood vessels; should i increase circulation by walking?

Dr. Robert Kreb III
51 years experience
Support hose: Walking is good but you should wear support hose to prevent swelling and possible blood clots.
Dr. Henry Tseng
Podiatry 27 years experience
Exercise : Low impact exercises would be the best to do. Swimming is low impact on all your joints. Stationary biking is also good. If you enjoy walking, walk on the sand on the beach or at a high school track. Wear comfortable shoes and put orthotics in them. May i suggest getting new balance shoes and superfeet orthotics. Soak your feet in a bucket of warm water add 2 tablespoons of epsom salt 20 mins.
Last updated Dec 10, 2013