A member asked:

I'm 59 years old. i have been body-rocking since birth. i've never outgrown rhythmic movement disorder. i'm so embarrassed of this condition that i haven't had a relationship in 21 years. a sleep study did nothing. meds don't help. what can i do?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Yvette Kratzberg answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Because this disorder is very rare in adults, it should be treated directly by a Neurologist or sleep specialist associated with a large teaching hospital. There may be trials of specific new therapies that may be helpful.

Answered Mar 17, 2023



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor