U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old male asked:

I have been suffering from discomforts of varicocele on left side from one year. and now i have devoloped backache and freequent urination?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 17 years experience
Need evaluation: With varicocele you develop enlargement of the veins in the scrotum. You will need to go get evaluated by your urology physician who will tell you the best course of treatment for this.... However back pain and urinary complaints are not typical symptoms of varicocele, you need to also have your doctor rule out any spinal cause to your change in bladder function.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 1, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.