Can palate expansion lower the palate? if not, is there a way to do it? i have a high palate obstructing my lower part of nasal passage leading to many health problems. i think its from hard, upward pressure applied with back of tongue for years?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

I think your reasoning and self-diagnoses are in error. Best is to get checked by an ENT doc and have things clarified. Good luck

Answered 2/22/2023

0 views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

The nasal issues you mentioned can be caused by a high vault (narrow arch). Please consult with a local orthodontist regarding your treatment options since at your age the palatal sutures have fused. An oral surgery consul may also be indicated. All the best...

Answered 2/24/2023

0 views

Palatal expansion is a non-surgical procedure in children, tweens, teens, & young adults, a surgical procedure in older adults. Please seek consultation with an Orthodontist who will also direct you to an Oral Surgeon and/or ENT if necessary.

Answered 2/24/2023

0 views