U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 20-year-old male asked:

I'm 20 years old. i think i have hypertropia at my right eye. can it still be fixed, and how? i saw you could wear correctional glasses, and more.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
Yes: Hypertropia, or vertical ocular misalignment, will cause symptomatic double vision if acute or decompensating. Some people have congenital hypertropias (4th nerve paresis) and adapt often with a head tilt and generally don't experience double vision. Symptomatic double vision can be treated with prism glasses mostly, but some may need surgery. See an ophthalmologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 13, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.