I am 49 years old and have a knot on the right side of my head above my ear. i haven't hit my head and have had this for a very long time now. (not sure how long) i have headaches frequently and memory problems as well as sleep issues?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

I'm not sure that these symptoms are all interconnected. I recommend an evaluation by a neurologist to sort out these issues. You may be screened for cognitive problems during the evaluation although chronic stress&anxiety may masquerade as a cognitive issue. I'm predicting that the knot sensation& headaches are produced by chronic tension & muscle contraction. Consider stress management therapy

Answered 10/25/2022

0 views

Not feasible to determine the cause of the "knot", but rather unlikely to be the underlying etiology of your headaches, memory issues, and sleep problems. Agree with neurological consultation to evaluate all of this initially.

Answered 10/25/2022

0 views