What should i do if i think that my primary care provider is experiencing countertransference and acting it out on my care? must i walk away and change a new provider? i have complicated medical history and it's very hard to switch provider for me?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

If you are not satisfied with the care, it is your prerogative to switch care provider. However, if you have similar issues with other providers as well then the problem is you, not the care provider.

Answered 9/9/2022

0 views

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

You always have the right to change to a new provider. Medical records are easy to transfer and are typically quite complete. If you fear there is a relational problem with your current Dr, you should take the initiative to ensure you are getting the correct care. If you are doubting their diagnoses or treatment path, you can also seek a second opinion without changing Dr's.

Answered 9/9/2022

0 views