U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 38-year-old female asked:

I have been seen by urgent care i had x-rays done i was told the results was i have ligaments disruption. i was told by urgent care they giving me referral for specialist does that mean i may need surgery? my wrist been swollen for two weeks?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 59 years experience
Yes. Will depend on what specialist thinks is best after looking at you and x-ray
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 23, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.