My globulin level is 1.6 (low) and albumin/globulin ratio is 2.9 (high). my protein total random ur is less than 4 (low). my kidney/liver function both tested out fine. what is the likely cause of these ratios being out of the reference range?

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Sue Ferranti answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Since your globulin level is low, the albumin/globulin ratio would be high since it is a fraction and the denominator is low-this would make the ratio itself high. See the doctor who ordered the tests to review them. There are many causes of low protein levels, including dietary intake. So, see your doctor for diagnosis/treatment. Good luck!

Answered Jul 21, 2022

0 views