U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 56-year-old female asked:

I would like to know, how does procedure to make the dimples on cheek, how much for the cost, and can i do after have face lift 3 years ago?. thanks

5 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 35 years experience
Permanent scar: This is done by creating a permanent indented scar at the desired location of the dimple. Unlike a natural simple it may be present at rest. Yes it can be performed after a face lift.
Dr. Azita Madjidi
Surgery - Plastics 31 years experience
A suture: Creating dimples requires a small incision inside of the cheek, creating a small defect in the cheek muscle and suturing the skin to the inside of the cheek. At first, there is a dimple even at rest and as the suture dissolves, it creates a scar which pulls the skin back with the smile. Thus creating a dimple. Th ethinner the cheek, the better the result. You could do it after a facelift.
Dr. Thomas Fiala
Plastic Surgery 34 years experience
Possible, but...: A surgically-created dimple is present all the time - unlike a natural dimple that only appears when the patient smiles. Although it would be possible you for to have this done, using a suture technique, i'm personally not a fan.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Plastic Surgery 21 years experience
SImple procedure: The procedure is simple and popular. It can be done under local anesthesia. The cost is between $1, 000 and $1, 500.
Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 25 years experience
Dimple surgery: The price of any procedure varies by location and by surgeon. Have your face evaluated by a board certified facial plastic surgeon with experience in this procedure to see if you area candidate.
Last updated Sep 6, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.