PK

A cardiologist recommended my 62-year old father to drink 1 sachet of pedialyte daily for orthostatic hypotension. would it increase his serum sodium and potassium level as they are currently normal? is it safe to drink ors on daily basis?

Dr. Clarence Grim
Endocrinology 59 years experience
Regulation of serum Na and K is complex and I need lots more data. Recommend asking Cardiologist in PK. The will know more about what to do there is folks like your grandfather using the resources available there. It will not change blood Na or K.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 36 years experience
The body will excrete what is not needed. I would definitely ask the cardiologist for the rationale for this prescription.
Last updated Jul 14, 2022