U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Tucson, AZ
A 51-year-old female asked:

I have an avulsion fracture of the anterior superior calcaneal process with avulsion of the bifurcate ligament. i am now having pain from below my knee to the ankle. would the fracture cause this or is it unrelated?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
Yes, knee pain can be a referred pain from ankle problem.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 19, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.