TX

Hello. i got a drop of bleach in my eye. i immediately rinsed it with water for around 15 minutes and have been putting eye drops in every 5-10 minutes. my eye is sore and red but has no pain and no vision changes. should i go to the er?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Have an ophthalmologist examine you for any eye damage ASAP. Bleach plus normal moisture in eye forms acid which can damage the eye and the damage may show up hours later. Only use water to rinse out your eyes. Do not rub your eye. Only let the eye specialist prescribe eye drops.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 15, 2022