I had my bottom teeth extracted a week ago, however my gum was split straight up and down since the extraction and now it's split more and not healing together?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Please go back to the dentist or oral surgeon who extracted the teeth for a post op evaluation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
You need to have sutures placed and the area cleaned out of any debris, all causing delayed healing. Go back to dentist for treatment and home treatment you do your self. If you have no medical problems than healing is inevitable.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Dr. Davantzis is correct. The General Dentist or specialist Oral Surgeon that did your surgical procedure (extractions) is responsible for your post-surgical care. Please return to his/heer office for evaluation.
Last updated Jun 9, 2022