Philippines

I'm 19 and my period is late for about 2 weeks. i noticed a lump on the side of my left breast. i think it's not painful but it really makes me uncomfortable. when i touch it and at the same time, move my arm, it moves. what could this be?

Dr. Donald Colantino
I assume pregnancy isn't an issue. I feel all breast lumps must be examined by a physician, gynecologist or breast surgeon. At your age I suspect that the lump is a benign breast cyst, inclusion cyst or lipoma.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Timothy Brown
The most likely explanation is a breast cyst, which are sensitive to hormone levels and your cycle and may have become more prominent because of the delay in your period (assuming you are not pregnant). Sometimes these will resolve once you have your period. If it doesn't then you should have it evaluated by a physician.
Last updated May 13, 2022