India

Is it safe to give cow milk to newborn infant?

In an emergency and after boiling to break up the protein some this can be used in the short term. Straight untreated cow milk leads to microscopic bleeding in the infants gut that can lead to transfusion level blood loss. Boiling (then cooling) reduces the risk some, but cow milk is for cows, not human babies.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Allergy and Asthma 37 years experience
Many hospitals have stored breast milk which may be one option. Cow's milk is not used until age 12 months and only if your child is not allergic to cow's milk. Please check with your local health center for options.