United Kingdom

I've had feelable pea sized lymph nodes in my groin, neck, jaw and under chin. they have never changed and i have no symtoms of lyphoma. would this be something to worry about or are they just feelable because i am very very slim?they also move a bit?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 51 years experience
It is important to know that lymph nodes are normally present in the neck, arm pits and groins. They are considered normal as long as their size is 1cm or less and the size of nodes is stable and not increasing with time. So I would consider your lymph nodes to be normal and advise you to avoid touching them more than once in a while.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
If they are symmetric it is likely that they are normal. Best to confirm and for peace of mind would be during your annual exam with your pediatrician.
Pathology 50 years experience
You may feel the nodes every couple of weeks, if any of the lymph glands doubles in size, becomes painful, ulcerates, or other nodes become enlarged, or you develop fever, or lose weight, you should see a doctor. Wish you good health!
Last updated Feb 26, 2022