U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old male asked:

Asking for a friend: her 8 year old daughter has alopecia. could this be cured or go away on its own? if not, which specialist is best to see? any best place you could recommend for evaluation/treatment? she is not from the us any clinical trials?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Tinuola Adeyanju
Internal Medicine and Pediatrics 41 years experience
Alopecia could be caused by many things, so it is difficult without evaluating the child to tell you the solution. A dermatologist may be able to help but some family doctors or pediatrician with experience may help by evaluating the child to find more information about what could be causing the alopecia first is important.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 14, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.