A 24-year-old female asked:
I was so tired that i put water to boil on stove and forgot about it for a half hour then i went to the kitchen balcony was open, the inside of the pan is burned and there is a strong burning smell, how likely that i got carbon monoxide poison?
2 doctor answers • 2 doctors weighed in
Dentistry 56 years experience
No gas was emitted from boiling pot, but it is good you are aware of carbon monoxide poison. If you had a faulty space heater or furnace than a chance of poisoning. Don't do anything that can cause a problem in future if you are tired, get sleep and function with a sound mind.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Reviewed Jan 26, 2022
Pathology 51 years experience
Answered Jan 26, 2022
Last updated Jan 26, 2022
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $44!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.