Hello . i just received my tsh & t4 blood test results and im not sure what they mean. my tsh levels were 9.950 & my t4 was 0.9 does this possible indicate hypothyroidism or hashimotos? and are my levels enough too be treated ?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Clarence Grim answered

Specializes in Endocrinology

Need normal values for your lab. But hunch is TSH is high and T4 is low. Cause cannot be deduced from these numbers. Treatment should be guided by the Dr who ordered them or an Endo as further testing is needed. First repeat the test and then you need some additional tests depending on your history and physical exam. Also collect your family history of thryroid disease and relay to Dr.

Answered 1/19/2022

0 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

All laboratory results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that. Talk to the doctor who ordered the tests. Having said that, your data is consistent with thyroid deficiency and you should see your doctor for getting prescription for a thyroid medication. Wish you good health!

Answered 1/24/2022

0 views