SC

What to do ingrown toe nail? my toe is big and red i have like meat coming form between my toe nail and my nail blood be coming out of it it hurts

Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 20 years experience
Have it checked: What you describe is a condition known as onychocryptosis or ingrown toenail. The symptoms can vary from very mild to severe depending on how long it has been present. It occurs when part of the nail penetrates the skin, which can often result in an infection. The treatment includes antibiotics, and removal of the offending part of the nail. See a dermatologist or podiatrist for evaluation.
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 20 years experience
Provided original answer
Trauma to the nail can also result in a beefy red growth that bleeds easily and is painful. This is known as a pyogenic granuloma.
Apr 21, 2013
Dr. Ally-Khan Somani
Dermatology 20 years experience
Provided original answer
Go see the doctor !
Apr 21, 2013
Dr. Libby Putnam
Podiatry 13 years experience
Pain, redness.: Redness and pain along the nail border, sometimes with drainage indicates an ingrown toenail. If your ingrown nail is infected, you'll likely need antibiotics, and possibly a nail procedure. While waiting to see your doctor, soak the toe 10 min/day in luke warm water and epsom salts, use a small amount of topical antibiotic ointment, and cover with a bandaid.

Last updated Feb 28, 2020