History: right hip ongoing, deep bone-like pain since high school then, 3+yrs ago, severe buttock cramping (for 4mo) that progressed to upper & lower leg bone pain, heel pain (deep aching/stabbing). grandma had osteoporosis. possible bone disease?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

If you have more than mild pain, you should get a medical evaluation done by your family doctor. Since the pain has been going on for many years, we are unlikely to find any serious medical condition or bone disease. Osteoporosis is not the cause in your case as that problem only occurs in older women(mostly after 65 years of age).

Answered 12/21/2021

0 views

I would not start to walk on the ankle until you’ve developed enough strength to protect yourself when standing or walking. If the ankle is too weak you could re-injure yourself even worse. you need to start range of motion and strengthening exercises before you start ambulating on the extremity. I would seek the help of a physical therapist to get started on the program.

Answered 12/21/2021

0 views