I used atropine eye drops..without prescription. now, my eyes are dilated , sensitive and have blurry vision. still dilated after 3 days? will it go away? naturally or after using medicine? will it affect my eyesight?

Dr. Sue Ferranti
You need to go see an eye doctor and take the drops you used with you. The length of time these effects will last would depend on the formulation you used. I guess you have probably figured out that you should never take any prescription medicine without a prescription! See an eye doctor ASAP for evaluation and treatment! Best of luck to you!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Daniel Rosberger
Retinal Surgery 33 years experience
I'm not sure why you were on atropine drops. However, your symptoms are exactly what atropine would cause---dilation, light sensitivity and blurred vision especially at near. It should resolve in approximately 5-10 days.
Last updated Dec 10, 2021