PA

I had my eyes dilated 3 days ago. vision returned to normal after 24 hrs but my pupils are still dilated and sensitive to light. is there a problem?

Dr. Amin Ashrafzadeh
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Not likely!: Depending on the dilating agent used, it can last from 4 hours to over a week! the pupil dilation is one part and the inability to focus a separate part. People with light colored eyes can have the pupil dilation last for much longer period of time. Next time you see the eye doctor ask then to only use tropicamide once (no need for a second drop or a second application).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 29, 2018