U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Los Angeles, CA
A 30-year-old female asked:

I got my face wax to remove the hair cause i suffer from poly cystic ovary syndrome now my face is irritated and itching with bumps. what remedies can i do at home or should i see a dermatologist?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Simple skin irritation will often settle down with application of OTC 1/2% Hydrocortizone cream in a very thin layer daily. Thicker applications or using more often can thin the skin. Moisturizers may also help as will soaps you know not to be irritating or drying (I like Dove). If this does not help after a few days discuss it with your doc or derm.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 6, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.