ZA

I have started with antibiotic treatment for acne 3 days ago. the dermatologist prescribed tetralysal 300mg as well as clindoxyl gel. even though the acne is better, i have a fine rash on my face that itches. should i continue with the treatment?

Dr. Darrell Herrington
Yes: It may take 1-2 months before full effect is realized.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Vijaya Sikand
40 years experience
Facial rash: The itching and fine rash may be caused by the clindoxyl gel. You could apply it more sparingly or even try stopping to see if it clears up. Also, if you can call the doctor who prescribed both medications to discuss, that would be the best course to follow.
Last updated Mar 30, 2020