My ldl cholesterol is 216 total is 282 45 hdl trygliserides is 91 is that bad? if so how bad? my mom used to have high cholesterol?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. John Berryman answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

LDL cholesterol is significantly elevated, and HDL is not at the best level for reduction of related coronary disease. See a hematologist/internist or cardiologist for appropriate medications to correct LDL and methods to raise HDL.

Answered 9/26/2021

0 views

Dr. Ramalingaier Parameswaran answered

Specializes in

Your LDL cholesterol is abnormal. Given your family history of hyperlipidemia, you should get further evaluation and appropriate treatment. It would be preferable that you see a cardiologist, at least for the initial evaluation. Do not ignore this. Good luck.

Answered 9/24/2021

0 views

Dr. Jolene Johnson answered

Specializes in

You definitely warrant treatment with meds, but can’t say you need a cardiologist without more info regarding your family and personal medical history. PCP can prescribe statin. Will need to evaluate fir other potential contributors to the cholesterol elevation.

Answered 9/25/2021

0 views