My ldl cholesterol is 216 total is 282 45 hdl trygliserides is 91 is that bad? if so how bad? my mom used to have high cholesterol?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

LDL cholesterol is significantly elevated, and HDL is not at the best level for reduction of related coronary disease. See a hematologist/internist or cardiologist for appropriate medications to correct LDL and methods to raise HDL.

Answered 9/26/2021

0 views

Your LDL cholesterol is abnormal. Given your family history of hyperlipidemia, you should get further evaluation and appropriate treatment. It would be preferable that you see a cardiologist, at least for the initial evaluation. Do not ignore this. Good luck.

Answered 9/24/2021

0 views

You definitely warrant treatment with meds, but can’t say you need a cardiologist without more info regarding your family and personal medical history. PCP can prescribe statin. Will need to evaluate fir other potential contributors to the cholesterol elevation.

Answered 9/25/2021

0 views