A member asked:

I'm 78 with ckd ,hypertension and paroxymal af controled on meds my serum creatinine is in the range 1.5_ 1.8 and my blood urea in the range 54_75 now ,what advice should i do to keep of prevent damage to the kidneys and lower the results of urea,cr?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Donald Colantino answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

I believe you'd be best served by also being followed by a nephrologist. You may be placed on an ACE inhibitor like lisinopril (or an ARB) to protect the kidneys from further damage but these meds may further raise your BUN&creatinine and will need careful titrating of the dose. The same applies to diuretics&some heart drugs Your blood pressure has to be well controlled to protect your kidneys.

Answered Aug 25, 2021



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor