A 38-year-old female asked:

I'm 38 and have many medical issues. i've been having symptoms of pregnancy but all of my home test say negative. i am also type 2 diabetic and glucose levels are up and down. will i need to get blood work to determine these odd feelings and issues?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Christine Hom
Pediatrics 32 years experience
You will start with a good history and physical. If this is not your primary care doctor, or is a new doctor, come prepared with a list of meds, a list of diagnoses, and a list of concerns. Drugstore pregnancy tests are very accurate. Depending on how long you have had diabetes, you may need help with adjusting your diet. If all are normal, you may wish to seek counseling support.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 51 years experience
It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without taking additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. It would be prudent to see your doctor and discuss if you may be depressed. Counter-intuitive as it may seem, exercise may help. Start with low intensity exercise such as walking and gradually increase the intensity as tolerated. Drink more water. Wish you good health!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Aug 6, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.