U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 29-year-old male asked:

What is the treatment for an internal scar beneath the skin on the skull caused by a collision however area remains swollen after healing . had a ct, xray but was refered for a ct head correlation?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 61 years experience
You don't mention how old the scar is. It may be a keloid although these are uncommon in the scalp. Some have been able to shrink thick scar tissue by applying silicone based cream over a prolonged period. You could have a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon examine the scar and advise you.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 23, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.