A member asked:

My genital area, specifically my pubic hair, has had an on-and-off itching sensation in the past 3 months or so,and nothing i find online matches my issue. i am not sexually active, and i dont have lice. (its also not a result of shaving?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. James Ferguson answered

Specializes in Pediatrics

Jock itch is a common lay term for simple fungal infections that occasionally infect the skin near or of the genitals. These are acquired at random from casual contact with dirt/animals or people. Anti-fungals like clotrimazole can help applied 2X daily for a week or two. This could be verified by exam/testing.

Answered Jul 11, 2021



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor