If i had covid a few months ago, do i need the vaccine? or would i be ok to wait for the full approval of it?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Hiep Le answered

Specializes in Nephrology and Dialysis

You have natural immunity from infection if you were symptomatic. Currently, vaccination or not for an infected, symptomatic person is still debated. One thing for sure if you decide to get the vaccination, you only take it after 3 months and you need only one dose of Pfizer or Moderna. You should skip the vaccine if you are tested + for Covid-19 Ig G antibody, ask your doctor for that blood test.

Answered 6/25/2021

0 views

Dr. Reyes Cuevas answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Recent studies indicate that natural immunity is just as good as vaccine-mediated, including protection from variants. Furthermore, it seems that those with natural infection have plasma cell-mediated immune response that may be there for life. I agree with requesting an IgG test to start. I'd also be curious to know if you're obese, immunocompromised in some other way, or otherwise higher risk.

Answered 6/26/2021

0 views