NY

I decided to take plan b, causing my period to be 5 days early and i was spotting a bit before the period. after the period i have been spotting non stop (2 weeks now!) & it isnt that light. it is red/brown & watery with random liquid clumps.. help?

Dr. Yvette Kratzberg
Plan B has large amounts of hormones and is very disruptive to your body. It can cause bleeding to be delayed, more heavy or longer lasting. It can also cause breast tenderness, nausea, fatigue and headaches. It should only be used in an emergency, not as a regular contraceptive. You might want to consider a more effective method of contraception. It can take 1-2 cycles to get back to normal.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 26, 2021